top of page

Support Group

Public·97 members

Bad Cat :The Movie

Bad Cat is a 2016 Turkish computer-animated comedy-action movie. It was produced by Anima Istanbul Studios and distributed by Odin's Eye Entertainment.[1] It was Turkey's first adult full-length animated movie. It was shown at the 2016 Annecy International Animated Film Festival in the category "Feature Films out of competition".[2]

Bad Cat :The Movie

Hmm, okay. Depending on who you ask, using a film from Turkey might be cheating, but it's at the least a bridge to the Middle East, so hopefully this counts! And it's certainly an....................animated movie. Hrm.

Let's kick off 2021 with some in-depth discussion around my all-time favourite movie quote: "Beware the bad cat bearing a grudge." This line originated from the 1995 film Babe, and is spoken by the narrator (Roscoe Lee Browne, whom you might also recognise as the voice of Francis the bulldog from Oliver & Company) in reference to the unsavoury intentions of Duchess the cat toward its titular character, an unprejudiced pig voiced by Christine Cavanaugh. We are informed by the narrator that this is an old adage that one would do well to heed. Why it strikes such a chord with me, I don't know. It's certainly not because I have any particularly strong antipathy toward cats. Rather, I think it has something to do with the delectable ominousness with which Browne delivers the line. He makes the (fairly ridiculous) statement sound so convincingly baleful that I was somewhat disappointed, later in life, to have to conclude that, alas, no such adage actually existed (although I suspect it may be a comical variation on the adage "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts"). Which is perhaps felicitous where cat-kind is concerned. The narrator is at pains to stipulate that most cats are nice and that Duchess is an unusually bad apple, although his feline apologism is arguably undermined by the very existence (in-universe, anyway) of an adage such as "Beware the bad cat bearing a grudge", implying that when cats are malevolent, they're particularly so.

One of Babe's notable features is its lack of any truly obvious villain. To an extent, I think it's a film that's just too warm and open-hearted to want to designate any one particular character to the role of bad guy. There are several minor antagonists, like the feral dogs who kill Maa (Miriam Flynn) and the sheep rustlers who make off with a portion of the Hoggett flock, but none of these characters are involved in the story for long enough to qualify as anything more than plot devices. Rex the male sheepdog (Hugo Weaving), is the character who stands in most direct opposition to Babe throughout, in attempting to keep the pig from upending the established order of life on the Hoggett farm, and he is introduced as a fairly ominous figure - by the end, though, he's demonstrated that he's really not that bad, and seems to have come around to Babe and the radicalism he embodies. Esme Hoggett (Magda Szubanski) spends most of the movie ruminating on Babe's potential as dinner table fodder, yet she's actually quite a likeable character in spite of it - largely because Szubanski gives such a charmingly effervescent performance (also the reason, I suspect, why she was given such an upgraded role in the 1998 sequel). She does, however, bear one of the great iconic signifiers of cinematic villainy in the right-hand cat she dotes on. Duchess is the pampered pet of Esme, and alone among the farmyard fauna in recognising Esme, and not Arthur Hoggett (James Cromwell), as "The Boss". She tells Babe that her designated role is "to be beautiful and affectionate" to Esme, but this is clearly not the full story, for Duchess serves a very different function, both around the farm and for the purposes of the story. And if any character deserves to be singled out as the villain of Babe, it's Duchess. It's easy enough to conclude otherwise, because the true extent of her villainy does not become apparent until fairly late on in the picture, when she attempts to sabotage Babe's confidence on the night before his entry into the sheepdog trials, for no reason other than sheer vindictiveness. This is the only point in the picture where Duchess showcases any out-and-out villainy, so she, like the feral dogs, could be dismissed as another minor bump on Babe's long road to victory. Unlike the feral dogs, however, Duchess has a presence that's maintained all throughout the picture, and it's not an especially warm or endearing one. When she does finally approach Babe and take her shameless little stab at breaking his spirit, it feels as though we're seeing a seething malevolence that's been coming to a brew this entire time. I would posit that Duchess is our villain, though, not so much because she has an underlying disdain for Babe that only fully rears its head in the film's third act, but because she's the personification of the more abstract threat Babe is up against, and to which the naive and trusting pig remains happily oblivious until it walks right up to him and makes itself known.

The composer recalled to Variety his abject horror after watching the 2019 film adaptation of his musical of Cats. Directed by Tom Hooper, the movie was widely panned, in part because of its bizarre and unsettling visual effects.

In fact, Lloyd Webber revealed that after seeing the film, "It was the first time in my 70-odd years on this planet that I went out and bought a dog. So the one good thing to come out of it is my little Havanese puppy." He even claimed he cites the Cats movie as a reason he needs a therapy dog when traveling.

Like many pet-oriented films, there is always the issue of cheesy dialogue and predictable plot twists with a few questionable special effects (talking pets being one of them), as well as the oh-so-familiar conclusion of uniting boy and dog, but the movie makes for light-hearted entertaining night nonetheless.

after that the remaining three protagonists had to go on a long and boring walk through the forest to find the zoe trent but suddenly in the middle of the way they ended up meeting the loki bad cat who was wearing a hunter outfit and was holding a shotgun (looking like van pelt the hunter from the movie jumanji),the doki demands that loki explain what he has done.loki bad cat makes doki realize that he tricked him into erasing the equestria existence before then revealing that when the 24 hours of the day are up, the results of the deal will become permanent and equstria and the rest of the world will fade into nonexistence forever. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page